Everyone has different strategies and tips that help them study and complete assignments. Whether you thrive on pressure or carefully plan everything in advance, the tips outlined below will help you achieve your ultimate studying potential.
1. Keep up with your readings and assignments. It can be hard to catch up on previous readings, so do current ones and prepare for mid-terms and assignments all at the same time.
2. Create a â??to-doâ?? list to keep yourself organized and eliminate unnecessary stress.
3. Take careful notes during class. Review or rewrite them after class. Consider recording lectures and listening to them later. Each of these techniques will help you to better retain new information.
4. Study in chunks of 20 to 50 minutes, then take a five-to-ten minute break. This will give your brain time to absorb the information.
5. Give yourself plenty of time to research and write your essays. Get your research done early and outline your ideas so that you will be ready when itâ??s time to write.
6. Ask for help at the library. The staff can teach you research skills that can save you a lot of time! They can also help you find articles online and order-in books and other materials from other libraries to help you with your research.
7. Speak to your teachers and professors! They are there to help you understand the material and offer meaningful insight into your work.
8. Ask someone to review your work before you hand it in. Getting rid of typos and awkward phrasing is an easy way to improve your grades.
Lather (Interior Systems Mechanic)
Lathers handle, erect and install materials that are components in the construction of all or part of a structure. They lay out and install framework for ceiling systems, interior and exterior walls, floors and roofs. Lathers install various types of ceilings (e.g. suspended, spanned, direct contact), shielded walls (e.g. fire,... More >
Youth employment programs and services
The Career Focus program provides funding for employers to offer post-secondary graduates opportunities to obtain career-related work experience. The objective of this program is to help youth acquire advanced employment skills and facilitate their transition to a rapidly changing labour market. This program connects youth with employers who can provide... More >
What Social Workers Do
Social Workers are usually employed in hospitals, community health centers, mental health clinics, schools, advocacy organizations, government departments, social service agencies, child welfare settings, family service agencies, correctional facilities, social housing organizations, family courts, employee assistance programs and private counselling, school boards, and consultation agencies. More >
A carpenter is a tradesperson who possesses the full range of knowledge and abilities required to construct, renovate and repair institutional, commercial, industrial (I.C.I.) and residential structures made of wood, steel, concrete and other materials. They can work for a wide array of employers, including construction firms, building owners and... More >
Recreation Vehicle Service Technician
Recreation vehicle (RV) service technicians work on systems and components of recreation vehicles, including electrical components, plumbing, propane gas components, appliances, exterior and interior components, structural frames and towing systems. They diagnose, repair, replace, install, adjust, test, maintain and modify these components and systems. They may also perform maintenance and... More >
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
A heavy duty equipment technician is a tradesperson who possesses the full range of knowledge, abilities and skills required to diagnose, repair, adjust, overhaul, maintain, operate and test mobile heavy duty off-road equipment. Heavy duty equipment technicians are employed by companies that own and operate heavy equipment, heavy equipment dealerships,... More >
Instrumentation and Control Technician
Instrumentation and control technicians work on measuring and controlling instrumentation. They also service plant process control, monitoring, safety and communications systems. They are knowledgeable in overall plant systems and interactions of processes. Some of the duties of instrumentation and control technicians are: 1. Consulting diagrams and technical documentation such as... More >
National Health Sciences Students' Association
The National Health Sciences Students' Association (NaHSSA) was established in 2005, and it is the first national interprofessional student association in the world. NaHSSA is a network of local university and college-based chapters that promote interprofessional education and practice within Canada. It enables students to advocate for and learn from... More >