Everyone has different strategies and tips that help them study and complete assignments. Whether you thrive on pressure or carefully plan everything in advance, the tips outlined below will help you achieve your ultimate studying potential.
1. Keep up with your readings and assignments. It can be hard to catch up on previous readings, so do current ones and prepare for mid-terms and assignments all at the same time.
2. Create a ‚??to-do‚?? list to keep yourself organized and eliminate unnecessary stress.
3. Take careful notes during class. Review or rewrite them after class. Consider recording lectures and listening to them later. Each of these techniques will help you to better retain new information.
4. Study in chunks of 20 to 50 minutes, then take a five-to-ten minute break. This will give your brain time to absorb the information.
5. Give yourself plenty of time to research and write your essays. Get your research done early and outline your ideas so that you will be ready when it‚??s time to write.
6. Ask for help at the library. The staff can teach you research skills that can save you a lot of time! They can also help you find articles online and order-in books and other materials from other libraries to help you with your research.
7. Speak to your teachers and professors! They are there to help you understand the material and offer meaningful insight into your work.
8. Ask someone to review your work before you hand it in. Getting rid of typos and awkward phrasing is an easy way to improve your grades.
Recently Added Resources
Cabinetmakers build, repair, finish and install residential and commercial cabinets (including hardware), wooden furniture and ... More >
- Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
The Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) Program - Doctoral Scholarships provides scholarships to doctoral ... More >
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairer
Motor vehicle body repairers (metal and paint) repair and restore damaged motor vehicle bodies as well as their collision-damaged ... More >
- Euclid Math Contest
The Euclid Math Contest is an opportunity for students to have fun and to develop their mathematical problem solving ability. Details ... More >
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
The term "refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic" defines a person who is capable of diagnosing, repairing, installing and ... More >
- Tool and Die Maker
Tool and die makers make, repair and test dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, prototypes and specialty tools. In some ... More >
- Mobile Crane Operator
Mobile crane operators operate mobile cranes to lift, move, position and place materials and equipment. They perform pre-operational ... More >
Machinists possess the knowledge and abilities to set up and operate machines that cut or grind metal and other materials into products ... More >