Scholarship Value $700
Number of Scholarships 2
The Saskatchewan Physical Education Association (SPEA) is now accepting applications for its annual scholarships. Two awards of $700.00 will be presented annually to high school graduates based on the following:
A. The student must be actively involved in his/her school's Physical Education, Intramural and Extra-Curricular program.
B. The student must have an average of at least 70% in subject areas required for minimum entrance requirements for his/her intended area of study.
C. The recipient should exhibit strong leadership and sportsmanship qualities as well as being a positive role model in his/her school and/or community.
D. The recipient must be enrolled in first year studies in one of the following programs in a Saskatchewan Post Secondary Institution:
1. College of Education with a major or minor in Physical Education (U of S)
2. College of Kinesiology (U of S)
3. Faculty of Education with a major or minor in Physical Education (U of R)
4. Faculty of Physical Activity Studies (U of R)
5. Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology (SIAST) in a leisure and recreation program.
In order for the nomination to be accepted the following documentation must be submitted:
1. A letter of nomination from a SPEA member which highlights the qualities and achievements of the nominee.
2. A complete resume from, the student.
3. A transcript of the student's marks.
4. A letter of acceptance from the post-secondary institution.
Deadline Date: June 30 Annually